Article written last year for the show
Where and when does this show take place?
- On 7 hectares of the Castegens Castle scenic area, in Belvès-de-Castillon. It is close to the village of Castillon-La-Bataille of course, and only 12kms away from the famous village of Saint-Emilion. Extremely well signposted, just follow the sign “Scènes d’été” & La Bataille de Castillon
- All weekends in summer (July/August) https://www.batailledecastillon.com/en/reserver.htm
A few figures
- 2800 seats available (including visitors with reduced mobility, cheaper ticket at 15€)
- 600 volunteers (amongst 50 cavalrymen)
- 95 minutes of outdoor night show
- 1977: first show
- July 17, 1453: Battle of Castillon, a decisive French victory which is considered to mark an end to the Hundred Years‘ War.
Main historical characters
Alienor of Aquitaine, Edward III, Philip VI the Fortunate (French King), Jean Le Bon, Henri IV (former king of England), Henri V (King of England during the 15th century), the Black Prince, Joan of Arc (Catholic Saint), Charles VII, Louis XI… With this live show you will revise your history without noticing, a fun and informative entertainment !
The Association Castillon 1453
Association Castillon 1453: 5 allée de la République – BP89 – 33350 Castillon La Bataille (France) Phone: +33 (5) 57 40 14 53 email@example.com
6.30pm: It is high time to enjoy a wine tasting ! Castillon Côtes de Bordeaux
Château Grand Peyrou (M. Laguillon & his son Mathieu): 2 Route de Liamet – 33330 Saint-Etienne-de-Lisse
In the terroir of Castillon there are 230 winemakers, with an average vineyard size of 10 hectares. We can say that the vineyard is on a human scale which I think, makes it interesting to discover. Most people are really passionate as they inherited the property from their parents/grandparents and are very keen on passing on this knowledge.
I have already met a few winemakers, whether at private tastings or wine events. If you also want to meet them, join a Saturday Tasting at the Maison du Vin of Castillon Côtes de Bordeaux. A great opportunity to share a moment of conviviality, exchange and discovery.
Amongst the winemakers you could find for instance Elisabeth (French !) OR Robert (English !)
Contact Syndicat Viticole :
6, allées de la République
Tel. 00 33 (0)5 57 40 00 88
Site Internet : http://castillon-cotesdebordeaux.com
In the evening, before the BIG show, you can either watch entertainments/ games or attend conferences…
The final : dining and a breathtaking show. Don’t miss out!
From July 19 to August 25, 15 outdoor nighttime shows! Dining, fast food or picknicking before : book online, by phone or at the Battle of Castillon office…